As a newbie in the industry, it can be difficult to find your first clients. Growing a successful life coaching business from the ground up can be challenging and time-consuming. However, with the correct strategies, you can grow your client base and business.
In this blog post, we will provide you with actionable tips and tricks that will help you attract clients and build a solid foundation for your business.
Continue on to find out how to get clients for your life coaching business in 2023!
What Is a Life Coaching Business?
A life coaching business is a service-based business where a coach provides their clients with guidance, support, and accountability. And helps them achieve their goals.
A life coach works with clients in private sessions or in groups to identify their strengths, weaknesses, and goals. They help their clients develop action plans and provide ongoing support and motivation to achieve what they are seeking in their professional and personal lives.
Being a life coach is a great business you can run from home and build around your lifestyle to find the perfect work-life balance. A business like this can give you the freedom to work from anywhere in the world and live a fulfilling life
Why You Need to Learn How To Get Clients For Your Life Coaching Business?
You might have the knowledge, character traits, skills, and passion to be a great life coach. However, without a solid client base, your business won’t survive. Here are some of the reasons you need to learn how to attract new clients to your business:
- You may be able to get some clients via word of mouth but to build a sustainable business with recurring revenue, you need to learn this skill.
- Attracting new clients for a service business like this is essential, as it will help you build your network and increase your reach.
- As you learn how to build a client base for your life coaching business, you will gain marketing skills. These skills will translate to anything you choose to do in the future.
- As you build your client base, it will allow you to develop meaningful relationships that would positively contribute to your personal and professional life.
Starting a new business and approaching your first clients can be intimidating. If that’s you and you’re feeling overwhelmed, worry not! We have put together some tips and tricks to help you get started!
Best Ways to Get Clients For Your Life Coaching Business
Now that we have talked about how important attracting new clients to your business is, it is time for us to discuss some actionable strategies to help you achieve this. It is easy to get distracted by all the noise but being targeted with your marketing approach is the biggest favor you can do for your Life Coaching Business.
The strategies that will help you grow your life coaching business in 2023 are:
- Offer free coaching
- Public speaking/workshops to attract new clients
- Participate in niche events
- Network with other professionals
- Generate referrals
- Generating organic traffic
- Use testimonials
- Social media marketing
- Sales funnel
If you are just starting, the above strategies can do wonders for your business. Now, let’s dive in and find out how you can put these strategies into action and acquire your first clients!
Offer Free Coaching
Offering free coaching sessions is one of the first few things you can do to get the word out there about your business. You can start with the people in your network and slowly build rapport with potential clients.
You can use this opportunity to put your skills to use, build confidence and showcase the value you can provide your clients. However, don’t just approach this as a learning and networking opportunity but be strategic so you can convert them into paying clients.
The steps you can follow to get the best conversion are as follows:
- Find a niche that you want to coach in and can be profitable: Being more specific about the problem you want to solve for your clients. This will make them more eager to sign up for a free session as they know what to expect.
- Approach existing network: You can then send invites to your existing network, via social media or direct emails.
- Deliver: Now that you have potential clients joining your free session, you have to make these sessions valuable for them. Keep the calls concise, find your clients’ pain points, and offer them a plan on how you can help them.
- Close: If you believe that your potential client is a good fit, provide them an overview of what your collaboration would look like, what it would cost them, and how it can benefit them.
Public Speaking/Workshops to Attract New Clients
Getting in front of the right audience can be one of the most effective ways to get your first paying clients. Identify events and organizations in your coaching niche where you can get an opportunity to speak.
Many organizations host public speaking events and even pay speakers (if you are really good) to participate. However, paid or not, you can see this as an opportunity to market your services to build your business.
Speaking gigs may be hard to find but when you do they can be extremely effective. Additionally, you can host online workshops and try to get people to join via social media and email. However, you will need to have a solid network to do so!
Participate in Niche Events
When building your life coaching business, focusing on a specific niche is recommended. Once you have a niche, you should research events in your area to meet potential clients and peers.
A strategy you can follow to build valuable connections at such events:
- Offer value in person: Strike up a conversation with people, try to understand their needs, and offer them valuable information without being pushy to make a lasting impression.
- Exchange contact information: Ask them for their contact details to follow up.
- Follow up: Follow up with them as a reminder and schedule a call or gain a better understanding of their needs.
Network With Other Professionals
Networking with other individuals offering similar services will be one of the most valuable things for your business. This can lead to opportunities to collaborate, referrals, new connections, and much more.
LinkedIn and social media platforms like Tiktok, Instagram, and Facebook groups can be great places to start building these connections. Again, when you reach out to someone it is important to make sure you are respectful and offer them flexibility and a valid reason to connect with you.
When you are doing a good job, word of mouth from your existing clientele can go a long way. However, making an active effort to gain more referrals and testimonials can be a game-changer for your business.
You can offer incentives to your clients to refer their networks to your services. Some of the incentives you can offer are:
- Discounts on future sessions
- Free coaching sessions for new clients gained through referrals
Additionally, showing appreciation to your clients for referring their friends and family to your business would also make them more inclined to do so!
Generating Organic Traffic
Google’s search engine is still the most widely used platform to search for any services or products people are looking for. Focusing on generating organic traffic on your website can help you take your business to the next level and build an empire.
Building a strong website with organic traffic is a long process but it will pay huge dividends for your business. Here is a tried and tested SEO strategy you can follow to get real results:
- Keyword Research: Keyword research to find out what content to create is a cornerstone of your growth strategy. This will allow you to decide what keyword you should target to rank on Google and what content you should create.
- Create content: Create high-quality SEO-optimized content to rank for keywords people are searching for. It is important to create engaging content and structure it in a way that is easily consumable by your readers and provides a clear call to action to get them to sign up for your services.
- Build Backlinks: Building backlinks to your website is what provides it credibility in the eyes of Google and helps you rank on the search results page.
Social Media Marketing
A strong social media presence is essential for all businesses nowadays. Social media is one of the first things any potential customer searches to get a first look at any business.
As a life coach, it is important to focus on a social media marketing strategy to establish your personal brand and tell your clients how you can solve their problems. This will also help you build trust and a relationship with potential clients.
Creating engaging content and responding to comments and direct messages will help you build a following and a platform to share testimonials and other information related to your business.
Running targeted ads on Instagram and Facebook has also proven to be extremely beneficial for businesses.
Many small business owners don’t even think about creating sales funnels. If you are looking to give yourself that competitive edge and build a solid and sustainable business, a sales funnel can help you do so.
A typical sales funnel would look like this:
- Lead generator/ Free opt-in: You offer a free opt-in to your potential clients. This could be a video series, an ebook, a spreadsheet tool, etc. to capture their emails.
- Follow-up emails: Once you have their email, you can set up automated emails to provide them value in the form of a newsletter or relevant information to build trust.
- Close clients: Finally, you want to direct potential clients to a sales page through these emails. Once they are on your sales page, provide a clear overview of your services and pricing to get them to book a session with you.
Key Considerations For Successfully Getting Clients For Life Coaching Business
The above strategies can help you get your initial clients and get the ball rolling. But, you should keep certain key points in mind to ensure that you can continue attracting new clients and retaining them.
It is important to have a clear understanding of who your target audience is and what their requirements and pain points are. This will help you keep your efforts focused and tailor your marketing and services to ensure that your clients’ needs are fulfilled.
Building a genuine and trusting relationship with your clients is crucial, especially as a life coach. It is important that you actively listen to what your client’s concerns are and take a compassionate approach to offer them the correct advice.
Your marketing strategy to gain more clients is something that would require constant tweaks and refinement to ensure that you can continue reaching your target audience. You will have to be up to date with the trends in the industry and truly have a student’s mindset to master this skill.
Taking It To the Next Level: How To Grow Your Business Beyond Life Coaching
Offering your services as a life coach can be an extremely lucrative and fulfilling career for you if this is something you are passionate about. Although, expanding your business to create other revenue streams that can be more passive is a great next step you can take!
You can consider selling digital products such as books, courses, or coaching programs through your platform to generate additional income. Additionally, you can consider partnering up with other professionals and businesses to offer a wider range of services and referral programs
Seeking ways to improve your offerings and pursuing new opportunities can help grow your business. This will allow you to ensure that you can achieve long-term success and live the life you’ve always dreamt of.
Wrapping it up
To wrap it up, starting a new life coach business or any business can be a daunting task, especially when you are still looking for your initial clients. We have put together this blog to provide strategies that you can apply to grow your business and develop meaningful relationships along the way.
As a life coach, it is absolutely crucial to have a stable client base for your business to flourish. With the correct strategies and mindset, you can learn these marketing skills and master the art of gaining new clients.
The skills you learn along the way are sure to help you with any project you decide to pursue. Now, if you are still doubting yourself and feeling intimidated, take a deep breath and know that you’ve got this!
Utkarsh is a Software Engineer, SEO specialist, and the founder of lamestblog.com. He is passionate about online businesses and is passionate about marketing and content creation. He has been working in the tech industry for over 4 years and has been working in Marketing for the last 2 years.