Running a side hustle is a great way to make some extra money, and thanks to Amazon, it’s easier than ever before!
In this guide, you’ll discover ten different Amazon side hustles you may not have heard about. These opportunities offer a variety of ways to make money, from selling products online to providing services.
So whether you are looking for a part-time or full-time income, there is sure to be an Amazon side hustle that is perfect for you.
What Is Amazon Side Hustle?
Amazon’s side hustles are businesses that leverage Amazon’s platform to generate revenue. This can include selling products, providing services, or developing applications for the Amazon Seller App.
The key is to choose the right model for your needs and goals—each has its benefits and drawbacks.
These side hustles often allow you to work from home and make an extra income without leaving your comfort zone.
Can You Sell On Amazon As a Side Hustle?
Absolutely! You can sell products on Amazon as a side hustle. Many people have become successful entrepreneurs by selling items through the marketplace.
It’s essential to understand the rules and regulations for selling on Amazon before you get started, but once you do, there are plenty of ways to make money with your own online store.
Here are some people who have become extremely successful selling on Amazon:
- Robert Oliver made over $250,000,000 with Amazon FBA
- Sean Dollwet became an Amazon self-publishing millionaire by 26
You have several examples of people who made a killing with their amazon side hustles. What’s more, you don’t need to be in the US to make money selling with amazon.
For instance, you can be located anywhere in the world and use amazon’s FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) program to make money.
There is also the Amazon Trade-In program, which allows you to trade in Amazon products for amazon credit. This is a great way to earn an income without buying or selling anything.
Plus, any devices not qualified for resale are recycled through an Amazon-approved recycler, which is a great way to support sustainable business practices.
Why Should You Start Amazon Side Hustle?
Let’s talk about five reasons you should start an Amazon side hustle.
1) Make Money In Your Spare Time
With an Amazon side hustle, you can earn money on your terms and in your own time. This way, you don’t have to quit your day job or sacrifice family time to build an Amazon business.
2) No Stress or Pressure
When you’re running your own business, it can be challenging to manage everything independently. An Amazon side hustle offers the perfect balance—you don’t have to stress about customer service, marketing, and product development.
3) Low Start-Up Costs
Starting an Amazon side hustle requires very little capital. You don’t need to invest in expensive inventory or rent a physical space, as you can store your products with Amazon FBA and promote them on the platform.
4) Multiple Streams of Income
Having multiple income streams is one of the best ways to ensure financial stability. An Amazon side hustle allows you to generate passive income and supplement your primary income.
5) Be Your Own Boss
Working for yourself is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. You can make all the decisions, set your schedule and manage your time however you want.
How Can You Start an Amazon Side Hustle?
Now that you know the benefits of an Amazon side hustle, let’s talk about how to start your own.
Step 1) Choose an Amazon Side Hustle
The list below has different options for you to choose from. Pick the one that sounds the best to you. After reading, if you are still not sure, ask yourself what you would like to sell on Amazon.
- Would you like to have a book business?
- Would you like to develop apps?
- Would you like to sell clothing or other physical items?
You can decide which Amazon side hustle would be the best fit for you based on your preferences.
Step 2) Research Your Business Model
After you have chosen a business model, research information about it. You can find many tutorials on YouTube and inexpensive courses on Udemy.
You want to do your homework before jumping in recklessly. Otherwise, you may end up wasting time and possibly money.
Later, if you want to learn more in-depth information, take an online course from a reliable source. Often, the ones found on Udemy don’t cost much but only provide basic information.
For this reason, I recommend taking a course from an experienced person making money with their business.
Step 3) Start Your Amazon Side Hustle
Now that you have researched the business model, it’s time to start your side hustle. The account you need to set up depends on your chosen business model.
For example, if you sell physical items on Amazon, you must create an Amazon Seller account and set up a Professional Seller account.
On the other hand, if you are going to develop apps for the Amazon Seller App, then you need to create a Developer account. You can create your account for free, no matter your choice.
Step 4) Market Your Side Hustle
Once your Amazon side hustle is set up, it is time to make it known to the world. You can do this using Amazon’s marketing tools, such as Amazon Ads and SEO. There are also other ways to promote your business, like through influencers, social media marketing, or even setting up a website for your products.
You may even develop your own brand and create unique content to demonstrate your products’ value. The key is to find a marketing strategy that works for you and stick with it.
Step 5) Optimize Your Strategies
Becoming successful in any business requires optimization. Try different strategies, track the performance of each, and adjust accordingly.
For example, if you run Amazon Ads for your products, find out which ones are performing well and continue optimizing them. Make sure you focus your resources on the ads that generate the most sales and profits.
Keep learning more about your side hustles. Join forums or a private Facebook group to learn more. Sometimes, you may need to take several online courses to become an expert in your chosen field.
For example, I took about five courses related to Kindle self-publishing, and in each one, I found something new that helped me become more successful. But be careful about who you listen to make the right decisions for your business.
I only listen to teachers who have successful businesses and students who have achieved results with the same business model.
What Are The Best Ten Amazon Side Hustle Works?
Now let’s look at the side hustles you can start today!
1) Amazon KDP
Kindle Direct Publishing is a program that allows authors to self-publish their books on the Amazon platform. It is free and easy to set up, so it’s a great way to make passive income.
This was my first successful online business. It is easy to get started, and you don’t need a big budget. I love that you can make money from your books for years. I published books four or more years ago and still earn money from them.
- You don’t need to spend any money to start writing your books.
- Books can make money for the author even when the author is not actively working on them. This money is called royalties and can continue to come in for many years.
- After you publish your first book, you can start making money online within 24 hours.
- It takes time to write and publish a book. If you order from a company, it might cost some money.
- It has become highly competitive, and it can be challenging to stand out in the market.
If building a book business sounds like a good fit for you, then enroll on KDP today.
2) Amazon FBA
If you want to sell physical items, consider Amazon FBA (fulfillment by Amazon). With this business model, you can purchase products from suppliers and ship them to Amazon. They will store, package and ship the items for you. You make the profits after your cost of goods sold.
- Hands-off business model. You don’t need to worry about shipping orders or managing customer service. You won’t have customers coming to your door either. Amazon will take care of all the hard work for you.
- You can make a good profit margin on most products.
- You don’t need a warehouse to store your products. One of the biggest problems new sellers face is storing inventory.
- Requires some upfront capital to purchase products.
- It can be difficult to find profitable items to promote.
- Needs a good understanding of Amazon’s terms of service
If you’re the type of person who likes to get hands-on with their business, Amazon FBA might be the perfect side hustle for you.
3) Merch By Amazon
Merch by Amazon is a fantastic way to make some extra money. It’s an Amazon service that allows you to create, list, and sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies through their platform. You don’t have to worry about dealing with factories or customers – Amazon does everything for you!
All you need to do is design the shirt, set your price, and wait for the sales to start rolling in.
- It can be done with no upfront costs or inventory. You only need to design awesome t-shirts and upload them to Amazon.
- No need for customer service or shipping orders. Amazon does all that for you.
- You can earn from sales without needing to invest in any inventory.
- Good passive income source. You can have designs selling for years.
- It can be difficult to stand out from other sellers on Amazon.
- You may need to invest in professional designing tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- There is a lot of competition on the platform, making it hard to get noticed.
If you have a knack for creativity and design, this could be a lucrative way to bring in some extra income.
4) Amazon Associates Program
This program lets you make money from your websites or YouTube channel by promoting Amazon affiliate products. You can enroll in Amazon’s affiliate program and earn commissions by referring customers to their products.
- You have millions of products to choose from refrigerators, TV sets, bikes, and more.
- You can earn commissions without needing to buy any inventory.
- No shipping or customer service is required unless you want to provide it.
- If you find the right products to promote, you can make an excellent passive income with this program.
- Amazon products usually convert well because customers trust them.
- You need good traffic on your website or channel to make money.
- Amazon pays low commission rates between 1-10% per sale.
- You will need to keep track of all the links you put on your website or videos and update them regularly. If a product is out of stock, you need to change the link.
- Payments are made every month and can take up to 60 days to arrive.
Amazon Associates program could be a perfect fit if you want to build or have a website or YouTube channel you’d like to monetize. You can find many products for any niche you can think of. Besides, you can start earning money with Amazon without any investments.
5) Individual Amazon Seller Plan
If you want to make some serious money on Amazon, then the individual Amazon seller plan is the way to go. It allows you to list products on Amazon and earn profits from each sale.
- Instant access to millions of customers all over the world. One of the biggest struggles for any new business is getting customers.
- You can list products from any category, including books, clothing, electronics, etc.
- You have full control over pricing and can decide how much to charge for your products.
- Getting started is easy. You don’t need to worry about building an e-commerce website or setting up payment gateways.
- You get access to powerful promotional tools such as Amazon Ads
- Requires some upfront investment for inventory.
- You need to manage the shipping and customer service for each order.
- Competition is high, so it can be difficult to stand out from other sellers.
If you want to make money on Amazon, the individual seller plan is a good way. You will need to spend some money initially, but then you can control what products you sell, how much they cost, and how you help customers. But this can be a very profitable side hustle.
6) Amazon Flex
With Amazon Flex, you can use your vehicle to deliver packages for Amazon and earn a good income. It’s the perfect way to make extra money and move closer towards your goals – all while having fun!
Gridwise is an excellent app to help you make more money with Amazon Flex. It will help you track your mileage to get the most deductions possible.
Furthermore, Gridwise also provides traffic alerts, weather bulletins, event information, deals, and discounts on gas, insurance, car maintenance, and more.
- Flexible scheduling allows you to choose when and where you want to work.
- It’s a great way to get paid for using your car.
- You can meet new people and explore different parts of your city when making deliveries.
- It can be physically demanding as you lift and move heavy packages.
- The pay rate is typically lower than other delivery services.
So, if you have a car gaining dust in the garage and you’re looking for a side hustle, Amazon Flex is a great option. You can choose when and where you want to work, all while being your own boss.
Plus, you can use Gridwise and take advantage of its bonuses and discounts. Give it a try!
7) Amazon ACX
Amazon ACX (Audio Creation Exchange) is a great way to make money by publishing audiobooks on Amazon. You can create, narrate, and publish audiobooks and earn royalties from each sale.
Furthermore, writers often want to convert their books to audio but don’t have the time to create and narrate their audiobooks. Amazon ACX allows you to connect with these authors and get paid for narrating their books.
- You can make money from audiobook royalties on each sale. On some contracts, you may earn a percentage of the sales from the audiobook. This is called a royalty split. For this reason, you can earn money from audiobook sales for years.
- You can work with authors from all over the world and get paid for your voice talents.
- You don’t need any special equipment to get started. All you need is a computer and a good-quality microphone.
- The audio editing process is not too complicated.
- Good pay. The average job pays $300 per hour of narration.
- It might take some time to build up your reputation. This means that people may only be willing to pay you a little for your work at first. But as you become more well-known, people will be willing to pay you more for each hour of work.
- You might have to work with several authors before finding the right one.
If you have a great voice and some recording experience, then Amazon ACX could be a great side hustle.
It allows you to make money from royalties and connect with other authors who need narration services. Plus, it pays well!
8) Amazon Private Label Products
Private label selling is a great way to make money on Amazon. With this model, you can buy generic items from wholesale distributors and rebrand them with your branding. Alternatively, you could manufacture a new product from scratch that carries your brand name.
- You don’t need to worry about finding suitable suppliers.
- You have full control over pricing and can decide how much to charge for your products
- You don’t need to spend hours learning to build a website, set payment systems, etc. Amazon does all the world for you!
- You can easily use Amazon promotional tools to scale your business and brand awareness.
- Access to millions of potential customers!
- Requires some upfront investment for inventory.
- You need to manage the shipping and customer service for each order.
- Competition is high, so it can be challenging to stand out from other sellers.
Selling private-label products on Amazon is a great way to make money if you’re willing to invest in inventory and do the work.
You’ll have complete control over pricing and customer service while having Amazon’s extensive network. It can be a very profitable side hustle if you’re willing to put in the effort!
9) Amazon MTurk
Amazon MTurk is a great way to make money through short-term microtasks. The tasks can range from data entry and transcription to multimedia content creation, web research, and more.
- You get paid quickly as most tasks payout within 24 hours.
- You can choose the tasks you want and when to do them.
- You don’t need any special skills or qualifications.
- Easy way to earn some extra money.
- The pay rate is low compared to other side hustles.
- It can be tedious work and require a lot of concentration
- Tasks can be unreliable as they are not always available
Amazon MTurk is an excellent way to make money if you’re looking for short-term microtasks. You can choose the tasks you want and when to do them while still getting paid quickly.
However, it’s essential to remember that the pay rate is typically lower than other side hustles, and the work can be tedious.
10) Amazon Trade-In Program
Amazon Trade-In is a great way to make money from your old devices. Simply send your used device to Amazon, and they’ll give you an Amazon gift card in return.
- You get an Amazon gift card in return for your device, which you can use on future purchases.
- It’s free—no shipping cost, no processing fee.
- It’s a sustainable choice, as it keeps old devices out of landfills and reduces the need to manufacture new products.
- You already have those old devices might as well make some money off of them!
- Some devices may not be eligible for the Trade-In program.
- The amount you get back in gift cards is usually lower than what you can get from selling your device directly.
Amazon Trade-In is a great way to make money from your old devices. You’ll get an Amazon gift card in exchange while also doing your part for the planet.
However, remember that some devices may not be eligible, and the amount you get back in a gift card might be lower than what you can get from selling it directly. So consider all your options before making a decision!
Conclusion About Amazon Side Hustle
Amazon is a great platform for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and side hustlers who want to make extra income.
There are many different business models available on Amazon, from the traditional wholesale model to private label selling. With the wholesale model, you purchase products from another manufacturer and resell them on Amazon.
Private label selling involves generic rebranding products or manufacturing a new product with your own branding. Amazon also allows you to make money through short-term micro tasks via its MTurk platform.
No matter which model you choose, it’s essential to conduct thorough research and select a niche with potential growth before taking the following steps.
With dedication and hard work, you can easily make money through an Amazon side hustle. Good luck!
With over a decade of experience under his belt, Jordan Alexo is a digital marketer who knows how to make money online. He excels at self-publishing and content creation and he also teaches others these same skills! His website provides strategies that have actually worked for him in the past as well as product reviews to help you grow your business online. With Jordan Alexo by your side, you’ll be successful in no time!